Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Virginia is ca-razy!

Sometimes I feel like I don't live in the real world. This is what I'm constantly telling myself and others. I live surrounded by highly educated young single adults ages 24-32 who are from middle class Mormon families mostly from the west. One of my roommates just got a job as a Presidential Speechwriter, another travels to Singapore, Germany, and other exotic locations around the globe working for trade shows, I'm no longer shocked when I meet people who attended prestigious Ivy League schools. It's pretty ridiculous. I don't know why I'm saying this to introduce this post, it's just something I've been thinking about a lot. What I really want to show you I guess is while I do live in this world that isn't very representative of the population as a whole. Once in awhile I am brough back to reality and realize that I live in good old Virginia. For example in our quiet neighborhood here in Arlington there was a recent rabies outbreak. 23 people were treated for rabies here in our quiet neighborhood. And the culprit was a rabid kitten of all things. Shocker. http://www.arlingtonva.us/Departments/Communications/11998.aspx
And then today I received an email from my friend Ryan, informing me that MacBeth is playing in a nearby theater. Please look at this poster and you will realize this is not just any regular production of MacBeth.Yes, in case you can't read at the bottom it says Warning: Fully Nude. And yes the star does look like a werewolf. Nothing like a hairy naked man to bring in the masses.

Okay so as of late I just feel like we've been hosting a lot of parties. And I feel obligated to put up more pictures than just naked wolf man. So here are a few random pics for you.
Notice my face if you can make it out in the back. Sheer joy at the dance party for my dear roommate Sarah. And party hats make everything more enjoyable and easily make you look at least five years younger, right?
Well this is the least scandalous of my (I have removed the word sd because I found that people who were searching for sites with that word were finding my blog on google, ew) in the Potomac pictures. Yes, we did it, the night before my old roommate Jenny Miller moved back to Utah. Regrets and disease caught are at a strong zero. Even though a friend was kind enough to forward me an article in the Washington Post after that said "The Potomac is a river with levels of fecal bacteria that frequently exceed federal standards." Ew. What's done is done though.

HC is for hard core. You better believe it. Ok, not that hardcore, but this is me paddling a duckie on the Cheat River in West Virginia. Yes, I survived those crazy class II and III rapids.

5 comments:

  1. You do lead a ca-razy life J. Cor. If it's not avoiding rabid(n) kittens at the neighborhood tennis court, it's skinny dipping in the nuclearly active river. Bold is what you are. And fearless. The parties, the excursions, and anything where a dance party can ensue is SO much better with you there.

    Which is why, sigh, on this day, sigh, I mourn. Having you in the house has been heaven. Losing you is going to be misery. But let's plan our first sleepover soon!

    Long live Jenny Corry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jensta,

    I feel that our souls are united on some level....the dancing, skinny dipping, the rabies...oh the rabies! J/K, I would hope that if I were still single I would be right there with ya! I would like to echo the sentiments: Long live Jenny Corry!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are my hero and I can't wait to see you in Sep! I'm ready to rock the big city life and the ca-razy Virginia life.
    So I was almost regretting skinny dipping in the Spanish Fork hot pots until you reminded me that regrets are for wussies! Haha. I told some people at work and they acted grossed out and gave me the long look down their noses. I don't really like them so it was no thing.
    So how about the weekend of Sep 15th? Would that work for you? I'm pretty open so let me know. Beijos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm glad you like it here! chris and i go way back. sometimes i go to colonial stuff because of friends i have there but right now i'm in langley. we'll have to meet up sometime, at least when carrie comes out!

    also, i am ashamed to admit that i have spent the greater portion of my life in DC/Virginia yet have never skinnydipped in the Potomac.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SCANDALOUS! Well, at least you didn't trump Brian's desacration of the Susquehanna River!

    ReplyDelete