So as I've started blogging, I've started reading a lot more blogs, and I am impressed with their wittiness and depth. And then I look at mine and they tend to be just a photo journal of what I did and where I went. I've always been the kind of girl that prefers to reads the op-eds first and then will skim the headlines for stories that interest me. So I'm a little ashamed that I haven't produced more posts of substance. And now, after stating my good intentions, this post is just going to be a debrief of my last few weeks accompanied by some choice pictures. Substance will come soon....I'm just might take me a few weeks to think of something clever enough that I won't be afraid to post it.
I love this man. He parked next to our car at "Pageant" (we were politely informed that you do not refer to Hill Cumorah as "the pageant" it is simply pageant) and told me that even though he's not Mormon, these Mormons sure know how to put on a good show. And every year he rides his bike out to watch it, and this may or may not be what it looks like, the beginnings of a torrid cross country romance.

Sarah is an amusement park girl. She absolutely loves them. The really ironic part is that she hates rollercoasters, obviously my feelings are a little different. I think this picture says it all.
At the end of Sarah's birthday party we had a countdown until her real birthday (which was actually Sunday) when we threw confetti, lit sparklers, and blew noisemakers. The picture was beautiful, the neighbors however were not so appreciative.
At the end of Sarah's birthday party we had a countdown until her real birthday (which was actually Sunday) when we threw confetti, lit sparklers, and blew noisemakers. The picture was beautiful, the neighbors however were not so appreciative.
Scotty (as in Des's husband) was in town last weekend. It was fun to see him and he requested that we eat at Marrakesh, it's a Morroccan restaurant that feeds you seven courses, requires that you eat with your hands, has a belly dancer as entertainment, and best of all here is our waiter such an adorable man and pouring us delicious mint tea.

This is me at work. Sortof. I know you can't see me, but I was there. One of my favorite day's at work recently, they put most of our bus on a building and drove us next to the capital where we had a celebration for the new minimum wage law that went into effect on July 23. The day wasn't too hot and muggy, but they had ice cream and Popsicles and I sat on the grass and stretched while I listened to Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and Ted Kennedy speak along with our President and other union leaders. Really hilarious, quite a day.

And even us type A uptight east coasters get crazy from time to time. It has been a dream of mine for a long time to create a jell-o slip and slide. So with the birthday of my friend Matt Fischer I knew it was the perfect opportunity. If there is anyone in DC who would appreciate this kind of crazy behavior it's him. The party was a hit and here we are slipping and sliding down our jello runway.

Earlier this week I had the chance to go to an amazing concert. It was Guster and Pete Yorn at Wolf Trap. Wolf Trap is an outdoor concert venue that is actually a national park. It's beautiful and only twenty minutes from home. We had seats at the front of the lawn and laid our our blankets, had a picnic and listened to Pete's soothing voice and the bongo drums and happy music that Guster makes that I so love. This was an usher and this is what I'm going to do when I'm old. Volunteer for these types of events. He told us he's been waiting all year to hear Guster because "all the other bands, like Earth, Wind and Fire just make noise and all sound the same" he was totally tapping his toes and shaking a little to the music.
Jenny, you make East Coast life look good. Actually, you make everything look good and bring an element of crazy fun & spontaneity to it all. I died over your 'pageant' pics (the romance will indeed be torrid), and love your sacred grove experience. Isn't that place beautiful? The birthdays (thank you for posting the 'Sarah's a chicken' roller coaster picture), the travels, the concerts, the jello slip-n-slides... it's a good life, made better by you.
ReplyDeleteNow, more on the romance (if not the roadster then the usher) please.. and get ready to document your Europe jaunt. We're want to hear all about it.
Jenster, I knew we were kindred spirits. One of my dreams has always been to have a jell-o, pudding, whipcream fight. Please come home so that I will have a friend that wants to do it as much as I do......
ReplyDeleteI love your posts! I sit here at work everyday patiently waiting to read from your blog and admire your pictures. Thank you. Remember how Guster was our first concert back from the mish and it was so loud I got a migraine and puked? Well, I'm ready for those rockers now! I've been home 3 years and have been training.
ReplyDeleteUh, I just got an email from your friend, Jeff and he said you're going to Italy!!!! Details menina. AGORA! Rsrsrsr. Te adoro meu bem. Tchauzinho.