No there were no weapons, my friend told me that if I wanted to be technical I need to say burglarized, but all I can think about when I hear the word burglar is the image of the McDonald's Hamburglar
Yes we came home early
No I didn't swim in the ocean while we were there
Yes I did laugh so hard I cried and my stomach was sore the next day
No I didn't find my one and only, but Courtney did
Yes after we were robbed one of our few possessions was three full decks of cards to play nertz with at night
No we didn't have an oven in the hostel, but that didn't stop us from making delicious brownies in the microwave
Yes we did find a disgusting monster of a crab in one of the rooms we stayed in. I think crabs are my least favorite animal.
No it did not escape alive
Yes we did fly over a tropical storm on our way home. The plane had some major bumps, people on the plane screamed, the scene from the plane going down on lost flew threw my head
No I didn't need to worry, we were flying on the premiere airline based in El Salvador: Taca.
Needless to say the trip was not all that we expected, but what I did expect was to have a great time traveling with two of my dearest friends from D.C. Sarah and Courtney. That made everything worth it and we were able to laugh and joke the entire time despite a few setbacks. And we had one unforgettable day in La Fortuna that included a horseback ride galloping through the rainforest at the base of a volcano and around a beautiful lake with our Tico caballero Jonathen who would pick flowers to put in our hair. Drinking Pina Coladas served in a pinapple from a bar that had seats in the pool, a zip-line canopy tour, soaking in thermal hot springs, and a dinner where I have laughed more hard than I have in months.
Here are a few pictures. Enjoy!
We joked about how in all of our pictures we were either wet from the rain or pool or else eating.
The horseback ride a relaxing afternoon at a beautiful water park were both parts of what was truly one of the best days of my life.
The crab hunt. See how resourceful we are using a mirror to spot him hanging upside down under the armoire and nudge him out with a giant tropical leaf.
These are the crocodiles we were looking at when the heinous crime occurred. They might look like floating logs and you think I'm just saying they are crocodiles to make myself look not as stupid.
la fortuna... thats funny. Sorry about the hamburgler, I'm glad you all being the coolest, upbeat people still had fun!!!
ReplyDeleteno weapons are needed to qualify as a robbery. robbery is when they steal from you personally; burglary is when they break into your home. so did someone take your stuff from you, or did someone break into your hostel?
ReplyDeletewe were burgled the other day, too, right here in san diego.
i've been to costa rica (including la fortuna) twice and it's been great. but one friend of mine almost got kidnapped and her brother got shot while getting her back from the would-be kidnappers. and now this. hmm. i would still go back though.
Jenny!!! I'm just seeing this post and am so happy. One of my only possessions left (my camera) is dead with no way to charge it since the THIEVES have it. I HOPE YOU'RE ENJOYING THOSE GLASSES!!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, what a trip! You summed it up so well, and let me say that if there should be such occurences on a trip, they should be with the likes of you and Court. I loved it and would do it again in a second (all except the crocs....).
I need to see you again for my next hearty laugh!
robble robble robble robble robble robble robble robble!
ReplyDeletedarlin, will you send me the photo of us on the horses... i'm going to sneak it into the wedding video if paul will let me...
ReplyDelete