Okay, so I'm at a loss for what to write, but feel like I should write something here at least weekly. So here are a few books I'm reading, songs I'm listening to, websites I'm digging, hobbies I'm cultivating etc.
So yesterday my roommate Leanna was so excited to show me this website she has found www.bfro.net look it up and you'll understand. It's a website run by the scientific research organization dedicated to exploring the bigfoot/sasquatch mystery. Folks this is no joke. It's actually a girl in our ward who's brother runs the site. Anyways they have bigfoot expeditions all around the country where you spend the weekend in a place that has had numerous bigfoot sightings. Conveniently there is an expedition in South Carolina on November 8...I'm really pushing to head there for my birthday next year, can you think of a better way to spend 26? Me neither.
So here is a playlist of some songs that I'm listening to, anyone who knows me knows that I love finding new bands and sharing my discoveries so here goes:
Concrete Seconds - Pinback
Shiver - Chris Velan
In the morning - Junior Boys
Concerning the UFO sighting near Highland, Illinois - Sufjan Stevens
Decatur, Or round of applause for your stepmother! - Sufjan Stevens
Come and find me - Josh Ritter
Big Sur - The Thrills
El Salvador - Athlete
Wake up - The Arcade Fire
Baby Boy - Beyonce
Its Too Late - Evermore
Saint Simon - The Shins
Skeleton Jar - Youth Group
Nothings Gonna Change Your Mind - Badly Drawn Boy
A House Is Not A Home - Field Music
Be Without You - Mary J. Blige
July, July! - The Decembrists
Ruby - Kaiser Chiefs
I have self diagnosed ADD when it comes to finishing books...I am currently in the middle of two (but that's only counting those I've picked up in the last two weeks) They are "A Long Way Home" which is a really sad, graphic, but interesting autobiography of a boy soldier in Sierra Leone. I'm only half way through, but it has totally changed my perspective on war and what it does to people. Especially seeing it through the eyes of a child and how you can become so totally hardened. There are constant reminders of the evil that exists in the world as was evidenced this week by the shooting this week at Virginia Tech. The other book is not as fast of reading, but is very interesting. "The Omnivore's Dilemma" which talks about the evolution of the human diet and how far we have come from eating actualy "food" I can't give too much commentary though because I'm only about twenty pages in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ok, so since I am not "cool" anymore and am not up with the new tunes I LOVE that you wrote what you listen to. I always love good music I am just not junkie enough to actually look for it so Thankyou THankyou Thankyou!!!
ReplyDeleteAmen Jenny, you are my music muse. I love hearing the shower cd of the week, and usually end up wanting to steal it because I'm addicted to your choices. Summer will be good for catching up on those books.. or maybe bad because we have so much tennis to play! Let's swap books maybe - Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close is my new recommendation. Keep up the music nods!
ReplyDelete