I am always torn between my love for fall and my love for spring. I think that whenever it is either of those seasons, I claim that season to be my favorite. And so today, my favorite season in spring. The sense of renewal, a new found vigor for life, Sunday lawn games, BBQs, strawberry lemonade on the porch swing and blossoms. Oh the blossoms.
Dogwoods might be my favorite. This purple is rich, unlike any other blossom.

Nature's confetti on the sidewalk. A post earth day celebration.

Half way through my third year in D.C. and I'm still allergy free. Luckily I don't have to harbor any negative feelings towards these flowers.


You have always loved flowers. I remember one spring day in Iowa (you must have been about five) as we were leaving the house you stopped at the flower garden to take a wiff. I said, "Hurry jenny, we're going to be late" and with your sweet little face you loked up to me and said, "But mommy, I'm just stopping to smell the flowers". I wished I had stopped to smell the flowers a lot more often! I love you Jen.
ReplyDeleteI miss you. Let's hang out soon. Those pictures are gorgeous. I'm so glad I get to be here for spring!
ReplyDeleteChoice stay at Bali Jimbaran
ReplyDelete