
There are so many reasons why fall is my favorite time of the year. Just look at the view from out my bedroom window and that alone should help you understand why.
There are other reasons though. Like this one.

Des, Scotty and their new baby Kai visited me on a spontaneous road trip. I love them and I love it when my worlds collide. Only those two would take a six week old baby cross country or on a bike ride.
The beauty of democracy

Staci, Leanna and I on the day I got the closest I've been to President Bush at an arrival ceremony for the President of Ghana. Whether you agree or disagree with his policies, respect is due to the office of President and it was a delight to hear him speak.

This is the closest I got to President-Elect Obama when I heard him speak at the Woodrow Wilson Center in September. When I left the speech there were hundreds of people outside the Wilson Center trying to catch a glimpse of him coming out. It has been so exciting to be in D.C. during this historic election and you can also agree or disagree with his policies, but there is something to be said for a politician who has inspired a new generation to care about politics and remind us that despite the difficulties our nation currently faces the American dream is alive and well.

November also marks my birthday. I celebrated last week in style. Joe and Courtney planned an amazing party. A "birthday off" that included a cake off, punch off and poetry off. This party was the best I've had since my sixteenth birthday party at classic skating.

Birthdays are always a good excuse to make your favorite people feel obligated to hang out with you. Here are some of my current and former DC roommates and favorite girls.

I think my face in this picture describes better than words how I've felt this week. Again, thanks to all those who helped make this birthday a great one.
My poem was robbed...
ReplyDelete